So the weekend got off to quite the start. For church we had a slumber party (a crowd of 18-30 year old females having a good old-fashioned slumber party? Boo-yah!). We did the usual stuff--treats, card games, watched movies, etc., etc., etc. Then three of us were sitting in a parlor-type room and #4 was walking through the entry way next to the room we were in. She saw someone carrying a pumpkin run past the door. What did we do? Tried to find him of course! (We suspected that it was one of the delightful men from our ward trying to crash our sweet party). However, we were unsuccessful and ended up in a car. We then drove down the road as we decided they probably had a getaway car. What do you know? They did! And as luck would have it, it was unlocked. Once inside the car we discovered that while they had taken the keys, one of them left their phone (which was lucky because out of four girls, none of us had ours). I coincidently knew where the spare was so we got out to find it. While we did not initially find the spare, we did end up discovering a pumpkin pinata behind the car. Then someone ran past us screaming. We grabbed the pumpkin and got back in the car. After their little rampage, we once again tried to find the key and got that little puppy located. We drove off. Around and around we went through the neighborhood until finally we parked it in the driveway and boxed it in. While we were driving, I noticed the pinata was leaking. I poked my finger inside and thought it was filled with water balloons. However, once we parked, we took a closer look and discovered that the pinata was filled with zip-lock bags tied shut and filled with live goldfish. Hmmm.......no bueno. We opened the pinata and put the goldfish in a pitcher. To finish the story, there was a snowball/marshmallow fight, the culprits showed themselves, and everyone ended up inside. Quite the night.
For Halloween itself, we had a party at the church and it is right next to campus. Meteor and I ran around campus--he'd chase me, run into me and we would both fall over. It was a pretty good time, if I do say so. Also on this glorious day, in celebration of Mohawk-tober, we tried unsuccessfully to mohawk my hair for a solid hour and a half. It involved egg whites, the better parts of a mega-size can of hairspray and a bottle of mousse, gel, and elmer's glue. NOT SUCCESSFUL. We found that it is a little more than difficult to mohawk hair that I can't really reach the end of when I'm holding it out straight. Yeah....
Other than that, not much is new. I'm experiencing a situation of sorts involving boys and the [lack of] a relationship happening in my life. Enough said. Lame. So, with that, I have discovered Green River Ordinance. Good stuff, check it out. Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment