Today I received a letter in the mail. 'What kind of letter you ask?'--the kind from Ireland. I have been officially accepted to go to school there. While this should have been an exciting moment, it was rather anticlimactic. I keep half-expecting in some deep part of my mind that something is going to come up and I won't be able to go and then this was compounded with the fact that the lucky recipient of my phone call didn't seem to think that my news was super exciting either. So, while this should be a wonderful day (what girl doesn't dream about studying abroad in Europe?), it has been kind of a letdown. Goodness gracious. Regardless of the lack of excitement the day itself held, the fact remains that I'm going to Ireland for 5 1/2 months during the spring (I love rain and it's IRELAND), and I will have a completely rockin' time--yeah, buddy!!! I think it's just been one of those days when I want to get in my car and drive and not come back for awhile. Alas, I cannot do that, so here I sit...on my couch, watching a movie, and doing laundry.
Now I will stop the incessant complaining and move onto happier topics. Like the fact that I am now the proud owner of the sweetest space heater ever--it has a timer on it so you can set the time that it turns on in the morning. Hello, warm bedroom when I wake up. Also, today I had a most delightful conversation about the functionality of shoes and learned about the infrastructure of Pakastani villages. As a sidenote, I think that the above paragraph may have been quite the downer due in large part to the fact that I am watching "Ladder 49" and while it is a very good movie, it is not the happiest one that I could have chosen. Sorry, everyone. Anywho, other than the aforementioned incidence that happened while getting the mail, the day went swimmingly. Something for everyone to check out: the music video for "Suspension" by the Silversun Pickups. I was introduced to this today and it is pretty sweet. So, now I must resume folding my laundry. Have a splendid day!
No comments:
Post a Comment