Oh Wednesdays...this particular one was particularly uneventful. Except for some ducks. Running right through the middle of campus, we have a big, wide sidewalk called The Mall; today sitting on the Mall were five ducks, all just chillin' there and huge crowds of people walked around them as they sat. They would get up, move a few inches, tuck their feet under them, and sit down again. It was kind of amusing. Then I got to thinking about water. We bathe ourselves in it, drink it or we meet our demise, water falls out of the sky, we stomp in puddles of it, it forms large, mostly-cohesive bodies and runs through the landscape, a large majority of earth is covered in it, and it is very useful for a variety of purposes expanding much further than those already stated. Mind-boggling that one thing can be so multi-purposeful. And I think I just coined a new word.
Other than this, my day was fairly uneventful--work, class, lunch with a friend, group projects, and delicious early Thanksgiving dinner. So, all-in-all it was a fairly unremarkable day. Moving on, one of the best things that I've found can pass the time is find a song with a part where the lyrics are REALLY fast and then learn all the words. Oh yes. The song "We Didn't Start the Fire" by Billy Joel works (which was coincidentally my favorite song to play for pep band), the remix of "Beautiful Girls" by Sean Kingston is good, and as always, "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies will also suffice. Learn all the words to that or "End of the World" by R.E.M. and you will be a deserving celebrity somewhere in your life, I'm sure. This is my challenge for the day.
So...good night and good luck :)
No comments:
Post a Comment