Saturday, November 14, 2009

Snow Tires and Promises of Blueberry Muffins

Today is Saturday. I spent all morning cleaning and now I am done. Woo hoo! So now here are my plans: not lunch (because I finished that roughly 12.82 minutes ago), do some homework, take a shower and get ready for a dance tonight. Sounds like a plan, eh?

Yesterday was To Write Love on Her Arms Day (www.twloha.com); it is a non-profit organization providing help and hope to those with depression, self-injury, suicidal thoughts and addiction. I usually don't get involved in social causes, but this is a good one. Anywho, also yesterday, I was on campus by 6:45 a.m. 'What on earth for?' you ask. I will tell you; I was judging the sales contest for high school FFA students. I was compensated/bribed to be on campus at this ridiculous hour with a promise of breakfast. Later, I was part of the adult supervision at the dance. Wowza. That's all I'll say about that--use your imagination and I probably witnessed it last night. Awkward? Yes. AND THEN we meandered our way into the high school volleyball tournament. That was neato. Then the doors we came through got locked and I had to run around the building in a t-shirt when it was about 10 degrees outside. Not the most pleasant experience.

Onto other things, because the roads are covered in ice, while I do have snow tires, I still slide around corners a little bit. This kinda makes me feel like a race car driver. It is sweet. Also, I have recently acquired what could possibly be classified as the sweetest winter hat ever--the bomber kind with furry ear flaps. Oh yes. So, now I must go and finish some homework that I have not started. By the way, check out Vitamin String Quartet. I think my world just got rocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment