*This post was written yesterday but posted today; the little tyke was born on the 4th
Yesterday, Older Sis #1 delivered a manchild. This means I am now officially an aunt! While the little guy was a whopping 9 WEEKS early, he is doing well. He’s got some spunk, which the doctors say is good. They want to take him off the respirators today, which is huge; being so premature, lungs not functioning are a rather large concern. However, he has been throwing a fit and trying to scream all day, which apparently is a good thing. So, that is the wonderful news of the day :) I got a call at 7:30 a.m. yesterday, raced over here with my brother-in-law and at 11:30 a.m., a baby was born. It was a little sketchy there for awhile, but both of them are doing well.
I had to call the Mission Home in my brother’s mission to inform my brother that he was now an uncle. A delightful older gentleman answered the phone. When I told him the news he was to deliver, he told me to tell him everything that his wife would want to know. Here’s a synopsis of the beginning of the convo:
Gent: Tell me all the details that my wife would want to know. What color is the little one?
Me: What do you mean?
Gent: Blue or pink.
Me: Well, he started out blue, but he’s pink now.
Gent: I meant blue as in boy or pink as in girl.
Me: Oh…blue.
That was not one of my brighter moments. Anywho, the little ripper is doing well and I am stuck in the hospital lobby. When I came in yesterday, they questioned my age--apparently peeps under 18 aren’t even allowed in the hospital. When I did get in, only parents and grandparents are allowed in the birth center. However, due to the wonderful loving nature of yours truly and having spent too much time in the lobby, I rushed the castle and got to spend a couple of hours with Big Sis while the nurses didn’t realize I was back there. Yeah, buddy! Then they kicked me out again. You’ve won the battle but not the war, nursing staff; (sigh) I suppose their reasons are legitimate, given the wonderful outbreaks of swine flu. Sorry, H1N1. Not swine flu.
No comments:
Post a Comment