Guess what I got to do? Paint a daycare. Booyah! Each of the walls were painted for a different season and I helped paint the one for fall. I painted a pumpkin and it could easily be classified as the sweetest pumkin ever painted on a garage door. Other than that, I ended up getting a 94% on a test that I studied for while watching Austin Powers. I was kind of amazed with myself. OH, and I discovered that Glee is AMAZING.
Random thought of the day. I realized how much fairy tales miss. Don't get me wrong, I love fairy tales and Disney movies, BUT ask any married person and they will tell you that the best parts of the marriage come AFTER the actual ceremony and after the dating/initial twitterpated phase is over. I just find it tragic that all of the most wonderful parts of the love story are summed up in "They lived happily ever after". WHAT?!?! What made it so good? I realize that princes and princesses are quick to fall in love, but seriously, if before marriage not the best part why is that the part stories choose to portray? I will tell you. Most of the peeps that write these stories and such are married. They don't want to ruin the secret of marriage for the rest of us. To their credit, the dating scene is painted quite vividly by literature and Hollywood (flowers, opening doors, throwing rocks at the window in the middle of the night, dancing in the rain, and all of that jazz), but these writers of fairy tales are leaving "Happily Ever After" up to us and whatever we decide it should be. It is not set in stone, we do not have exact pre-conceived notions of how it should be, and are thus free to create it for ourselves. While it is sad that we never find out what happens to Cinderella and the Prince or Beauty and the Beast, it leaves the imagination to paint what we think happens. While we all expect happiness, from what I've heard from those that are married, there are no expectations set in stone for a happy relationship (assuming both people are decent individuals and respect each other). Some people like flowers, some like poetry, some like taking walks, some like playing Rock Band, others like cooking, some like motorcycles, gardening, driving fast cars, skiing, throwing darts, mountain biking, dancing, not dancing, scavenger hunts, and the list can go on. Each relationship is unique in the fact that it takes different components to make each one function and work. So, while "Happily ever after" is never really explained, we are all given the chance to make it fit our ideas of perfection. Neato gang! So, here's what we've learned: fairy tale endings are possible, Glee is the greatest thing since cheese in a can, and Austin Powers is a good study tool. Good end of the week, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment