Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Birthday to: Florida, Time Magazine, and Indoor Ice Hockey!!

SO, here it is Wednesday afternoon and I haven't had class all day. Yay. Last weekend my roommate had some of her friends come in to watch the Six Nations rugby match (Ireland vs. England) and Ireland won. WOOT! That was a pretty fun little get together. On Sunday I was supposed to teach the Relief Society lesson, but ended up being ridiculously sick most of the day, so that didn't happen. Luckily enough, Melissa had me all sorts of drugged up, so I was fine by Monday :) Moving on, on Monday we went to a theatrical production of "The Breakfast Club". Something stellar about that, I got to hear our stunning vocal renderings of an 80s classic and they did a good job with the production itself. Yep yep yep.

Moving on. Today (because I had no class and other odd, odd circumstances), I went to a series of three 1-act plays. They were all well done and I enjoyed them. One of them took place with Chekhov's Cherry orchard as the setting. The beggar in this play had carried around a knife and a sickle for most of the play, and at the end he stood in front of a light and held them up so the shadow looked like the insignia on the USSR flag. While walking out at the end, I was behind some other American students and quote, "What was that thing in his hand supposed to be, the moon?"..."Yeah,I think so." AAAHHHHH!!!!! Really guys, really?

Other than that, classes are going well, MY RUNNING SHOES ARE BEING SENT OVER (I'm a little more than excited about that. I've never wanted to go running so bad in my life), I have spring break pretty much planned out (two and a half weeks split between Italy and Spain. Booyah!), and the weather for the past couple of days has been incredibly nice :) Now I'm off to learn about Japanese business culture. Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. kelty, kelty, kelty!!! so, after i talked to you on the phone this morning, i decided to get my rear in gear and go to work...or not...on my way to work my car started making a clunking noise. i didn't realize pepe was even capable of those sounds. yup yup. so, i had to go drop it off at the mechanic's to get it fixed. i was afraid i wouldn't even make it there, but it did. arrggh. i have a feeling it is going to be pricey. sad day. but luckily, joel was able to come save me and drive me to work. that kid is alright :) anyway, i hope you are having a lovely evening with your friends. call me tomorrow. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. spring break in italy and spain. poor you.

    ReplyDelete