Friday, March 5, 2010

The Big Two-One

Woot! Yesterday I turned 21. Neato!!! So there are a couple of things: 1. What can I now do that I couldn't before and 2. How did I celebrate this oh-so-glorious occasion??? Here we go:

1. I just Googled it and pretty much nothing of interest. I can buy a handgun, my car insurance will go down, and I can legally drink in the US. Hmm...I don't to burst my own little bubble of 'happy', but not the most exciting age as far as everything mentioned goes (but still a delightful age regardless).

2. This actually started on Wednesday night. We were going to go out, but instead decided to stay in, make food, and go out on Thursday. I ended up going home after that and texted my roommate on the way. When I walked in the door to the house, she surprised me with party poppers, a decorated house and an absolutely delightful cake (it was double layer and had peaches and pears in it. Oh my goodness, it was amazing). After that, the circumstances led to me learning a stellar techno dance. Oh yes. In my kitchen at 11:30 at night, the three of us found a sweet jumping techno dance and I learned it :) On Thursday I didn't have class until the afternoon, so I hung out at home and got a bunch of stuff done, went to class, went to a BaconSoc Meeting (where I was officially made the Dance Coordinator. Everyone was arbitrarily given an office. Nifty! Mine was due in large part to the 'Star Dance' that I taught everyone last week during rehearsals. Hahahaaa!). Then I went into town, met the peeps at their apartment, and then we went out. We ended up finding a live band that was pretty good and that finished off the night. It was kinda late when the band and such finished, so I just spent the night in town on their couch.

This morning when I woke up it was GORGEOUS out. Everyone else was still asleep, so I left them a note and went on my way :) The docks are less than 5 minutes from where I stayed, so I walked there and here it is:



Moving on. After that I had to get some groceries, so I went to the store, wandered around the shopping district for a few minutes, and made the trek back home. That sums up the birthday and brings me up to about right now, and now I have to go study some Celtic mythology and read more about Japan.

One more thing, my music recommendations at the moment are "Picture Perfect" by Every Avenue and "Two Princes" by Spin Doctors. That's all. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment