Thursday, March 18, 2010

Procrastinaaaation

At the moment, I have this, YouTube, a page for the Harvard citation style, the Patagonia webpage, the Horizon Organic webpage, a 15 page learning journal (still in progress, hence the Patagonia and Horizon Organic pages), the outline for the said learning journal, iTunes, and 2 windows for Windows messenger open. This does not even take into account the semester's worth of notes, a text book, an Institute manual, my scriptures, and the random assortment of other papers that are currently taking up almost HALF of my bed. So, what I SHOULD be doing is finishing the learning journal as it is due next Friday and I am taking a 5 day sabbatical between now and then (not only that, but in finishing it I could put away 92% of the list mentioned). But, obviously, that is not happening.

Now that that's covered, MOVING ON. Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. For those of you who don't know (I am guilty. I did not know this until yesterday), St. Patrick brought Christianity to Ireland and that is the start of this glorious green holiday. As a celebration, I went to Dublin with Sinead, we watched part of the parade (I'll post pictures), watched a hurling match, watched a Gaelic football match, saw a friend that I hadn't seen since high school, hopped on the train and came home. I must say, when we got back to Galway, I was astounded. We had walked through town that morning and it had been clean. On the way home however, I have never EVER seen that much garbage in my life ever. It was shocking. The poor city didn't stand a chance ;) So here are some pictures of our delightful Dublin outing.



Hmm...nice outfit. I'm sure your friend, Lady Gaga is around here somewhere....



This is what my nightmares are made of. He had a creepy female counterpart, but I didn't get a picture. Sad day. Ok, not really.



Croke Park before the matches. That is the band on the field. Woot!



Sign for the Gaelic football match. Yep. That is definitely in Irish.



Gaelic football, baby!


Moving on, for those of you who want to hear a proper Irish accent, go here. In there you will find a little ditty talking about the word 'situation' I didn't really get that until today. I was sitting in class and 15 minutes into it, I started to notice how often the professor said it, so I started counting. Over the next 30 minutes, I counted that word 25+ times (I did zone out of the lecture entirely for about 5 minutes in there). Holy buckets! So that's that. Anywho, tomorrow I am leaving until Wednesday morning, and I must go pack and all that jazz, so this is Kelty, over and out.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I didn't understand a single word on that YouTube video thing, but since it's an Irish accent,it's automatically awesome! And a rather normal looking guy can automatically become so much hotter with that accent. But that's just me, all the way over here in poopy California.

    ReplyDelete