As far as my roommates, one is a Ph.D. student in economics, one just graduated in nursing and will actually be moving out soon, and the third is my age and in the Masters program for accounting. They are all delightful. They are all Irish girls and super friendly.
My house is a two-story mini condo. It is painted in bright colors--the kitchen is a tangerine color, my bedroom is yellow, etc. I have my own bathroom and my bedroom is one of the bigger ones in the house. The weird thing is that I have a double bed. It is the biggest bed I've had in my life ;) I have my own bathroom, which is nice.
For classes, I am taking four business classes and two Irish studies classes. One is Celtic mythology and the other just studies castles and various fortifications used in western Europe. Freakin' sweet :)
In general life is good :) It's beautiful here and the people are SUPER nice. However, I am already getting homesick. This is the first time in my life that I've ever gone somewhere COMPLETELY alone and I don't know how much I like that ;) I'm getting used to the culture and such, so everything is going well.
Anywho, that's about all I've got. Except for these. Explanations are under each one. Enjoy!

This is half of my kitchen.

This is the front of my house/condo thing. My bedroom is the window by the red garbage can.

I took this picture while standing on a bridge looking right at the Cathedral. I walk across this bridge and past the church every time I go into town. As you can see, it is very foggy :)

This is looking out at the River Corrib from the aforementioned bridge. It never gets cold enough to freeze in Ireland, so frost is a novelty. Lucky for me I'm here to see it. Oh wait... ;) But it did make for a SWEET picture.

This is a nice little stream that runs through campus. The walls also go all the way through campus and has nice little stone bridges where there are paths :)
kelty!!! oh, how i miss you so. but dang, am i jealous :) so, this probably is not the best way to tell you how everything is going, but i don't have email, so whatever. anyway, i went home over the weekend! woot woot! joel went up to cardston to go to a farewell, so i went with him and he dropped me off at mom and dad's on the way. we went up saturday afternoon and we had dinner and then he left and i went to church on sunday with mom and dad and then he got back that afternoon and we stayed the night at mom and dad's and came back monday morning...(oof, long sentence...) and then when we got back, joel's brother was flying in jettisoning (is that a word??) some things around, so i hitched a ride. i flew up to glasgow and then over to miles city and back to billings. i was all over the flipping place yesterday. but it was fun..well, i mean it is no ireland or anything, but i'll take it :) let's see, anything else? nope, not really. the whole joel meeting dad thing went pretty well--dad was on his best(ish...ha ha) behavior, so it was all good. but, i am so happy to hear you are doing well!!!! i am sorry you are homesick. i am keltysick, so it all evens out i suppose. but anyway, i better get back to work. i love you so much! keep writing on your blog so i can keep updated and i will keep commenting! love ya lots!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness!!! i miss you tons and tons and TONS! i'm glad that things with dad and joel meeting went well :) it sounds like you had quite the weekend, my dear! goodness gracious! so when you were flying around with joel's brother was it just you, or was he there too?
ReplyDeleteKambrie, you talk to much. Question, what program did you use to make the picture at the top of your blog look antiquee?
ReplyDeleteI stilll love you Kam, but man do you talk.....H
kam-i love you and your talking :D
ReplyDeletei used picnik. i played around with the exposure a little bit, cinemascope (uncheck 'letterbox'), cross pictures (i think i used this. i'm not sure), and focal soften. just play around with those and you can do some SWEET stuff. the cinemascope and the focal soften were the main ones. for the focal one, adjust the strength and the size and it makes a HUGE difference :)
Love you all :)