As for the last book I finished reading ("The Witch of Portobello"), it was not my favorite. Coelho is a great author, but it seemed to me (I'm sorry if you disagree, and if you do, feel free to tell me) that it was just a story glorifying some kind of strange hippie religious movement. The book itself was well-written and was done so with an interesting approach. It was written from the present looking back at events through a series of interviews with the people that know Athena, the main character. The overall concept of HOW it was written was good, but the story was a little too off-kilter for my liking. Would I recommend it? I would have to say...no.
Anywho, as for things that are new. I figured out my schedule for the semester and that's about it. Also today, I discovered the First Presidency Message for the month. They are always good, and this one is especially. I would HIGHLY recommend reading it--there will be a link to it at the end of this post.
Here are some more pictures that I've taken. Once again, captions are under each one.

This is just more of the pedestrianized shopping center next to Eyre Square.

This is my bedroom. When I took this picture I was literally mashed up against my closet door trying to take a picture that would fit everything in it.

This is the other half of my kitchen. On the left side of the picture you can see my bedroom. My bathroom is to the right of my bedroom.
Apparently I can't put in a link to the First Presidency Message. Just go to lds.org and it is on the left side and titled "Hold on a Little Longer" and it is by President Uchtdorf. It is EXCELLENT.
No comments:
Post a Comment