So that pretty much brings me to today. I had my alarm set so that I could be on campus by 9. This was because I had to register today and the word on the street is that to register you have to stand in line for HOURS (literally hours). So I figured I could get there 3 hours before my first class and be fine. This wonderful planning, however, did not actually happen. I shut off my alarm, slept in, and made it to registration promptly at 10:15. Anywho, I stood in line for a solid 10 minutes then someone from the office came by and just collected all of our forms. Woo hoooo! None of this 'wasting my morning by standing in line waiting to register business' for me! I got to sleep in and hardly had to wait at all. I love my life. So then I walked around campus and took more pictures and went to class, where I met two delightful boys and learned about mottes, which are a kind of pre-castle fortification (basically). Then the rest of the day...lunch, class again, came home to find my roommate getting her hair cut, considered doing homework, and that about covers it. OH! One more thing--I discovered that there is another snail living on the same grate as Harold. His name is Kumar. Here is a picture of him.


This is the sunset from today. It's pretty, but still hard to compete with Montana ;) The grass is also really green still. SWEET.
On an unrelated note, I've gotten over the little emo stint that I was having. The combination of being homesick, terrible weather, and the days being RIDICULOUSLY short resulted in a not a very happy 20 year old. I was stuck inside in an unfamiliar place and was not very happy about it. This has changed and I am doing much better now :)
wow, you need a new hobby if you are naming snails....
ReplyDeletei don't need a hobby. they live right by my house. and you should know by now that i name EVERYTHING. haha :) oh wait! i do have a hobby. taking pictures. look on facebook. i'm putting a bunch more up as i type this.
ReplyDelete