Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday Night

It is Saturday night and I am currently sitting on campus attempting to finish homework that I have to have done by tomorrow. There was one big project that I was worried about and I finished it about an hour ago and sent it in. SWEET!!! Now I am writing the conclusion to a group paper and trying to figure out an Excel assignment. Yep, don't think that's going to happen. Haha :) So, I should really go home and do all this homework that is not getting done here. However, I have been here for almost 5 hours and I'm actually amazed at my level of productivity. When I'm at home I can't focus and don't get anything done. Now I am waiting for a friend that has decided to go on a late-night run and make this his destination. I've decided to take a break from homework until then so...this is what I'm doing. For the past two nights I have been working on the aforementioned huge project until I was at the point that I fell asleep with my laptop and textbook on my lap. Yes, sir. Good times.

Moving on, last night I went to Winter Gala and had a rockin' time! It was fun--I went with a friend that I've known since the Spice Girls and Hansen were cool and bowl cuts were running rampant through every playground and high school in the US. Bahahaaa! Back to the dance. I was running late from work, so I ironed my dress, did my hair, and got ready in less than 10 minutes, put my makeup on in the car and was only about 20 minutes late. Not too shabby, considering :) That brings me to today. I was woken up by a 4 year old and a 6 year old and the explanation of how a 6 looks like a backwards, upside-down, lower-case e. Curious. Indeed it does.

So now here I sit--on campus at quarter after 11 on a Saturday night. This is not the first time in the recent history that this has happened. I think this can mean one of two things: 1. I need to not procrastinate doing homework that is due midnight on Saturday or 2. That's all I've got. This is an easily avoidable situation in which case I could be doing a variety of more interesting things. Hmmmm....either way here I am. Now I'm going to go write a talk for church tomorrow. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment