Congratulations to me! The follower count has DOUBLED since the last post. Hmm...not the most difficult feat, but a good one none the less. In the past couple of days life has been pretty lax. I have drawn some amazing murals with dry erase markers, started to clean my room (and in the process found a bunch of papers from my senior year of high school in chronological order--it was like I was seeing my life played back to me in reverse. weird.), tried my hand at photography, mailed the first package that I have ever sent to a missionary, and attempted to watch some movies.
Ok, so now here's where the detail comes in. Dry erase markers work ridiculously well on mirrors and they DO come off. I tested this. I think this would be a great time to tell my sisters how amazing and wonderful they are and that this is not destructive and causes no lasting damages :D I have been cleaning my room because the previous occupant (you know who you are!!!) left a bunch of stuff here and I need the closet space, so this weekend there is a whole pile of stuff making the trip back to the mothership with me. Also in dealing with my room, I hung up Christmas lights the other day and those puppies are not coming down after Christmas. This is the executive decision that I have made. As far as the photography goes, I found an ancient film camera last time I was home, so I decided to adopt it. Last night I was bored, so I decided to use it. Hmmm....it was fun but the photograph taking skills are definitely lacking on this end. As an added bonus, the film that was in the camera when I started was pretty much done, so when I took it in to be developed I had no idea what would be on it. It was a bunch of pictures of my dad and brother and a whole bunch of horses. Nifty surprise I suppose. The package that I sent was to Little Bro. I had no idea what to get him for Christmas and the idea of a Nerf gun was squashed, so I went with a bunch of disposable Transformers dishes so he could eat in style (oooohhhhhhh!!!!!!!). Good idea, right? Haha :) The movies have a variety of stories. The most recent was "The Education of Charlie Banks". At least I think that's what it was called. I have no idea what was going on for the majority of the movie except a lot of angst.
Also the other night, there was definitely stuff lit on fire. Good times. Take a college education gone slightly askew PLUS the male persuasion PLUS boredom PLUS slight tendencies to burn stuff PLUS a whole stack of papers from the aforementioned college education and what do you get???? A fire in the snow. That is what you get.
On an entirely unrelated note, the best of 2009 mix is finished. At least I think it is. Unless something totally blows my mind within the next couple of days, oozing in pure awesomeness in music form. What this is, is every year during Christmas break I make a totally rad mix of all the songs that I've discovered/re-discovered throughout the year that will rock the socks off anyone that hears them. This is the third year that I've done this and the previous two have been good, so I hope this one is too. BUT, I have to work in the morning and turn in the rest of the paperwork for studying abroad. WHOO HOOOOOO! So off I go, but before I do, I haven't left any delightful quotes in awhile, so here is one from the wonderfully nostalgic Winnie the Pooh:
"If there is ever a tomorrow we're not together...there is something you must always remember, you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart I'll always be with you."
This isn't a downer quote. It is delightful :)
oh my flippin goodness. i am so freakin excited! i have been trying to comment on your blog FOREVVERRR, but the dumb computer i was on wouldn't let me. so, yeah. i'm stoked to see that you now have THREE followers! yea! i think i should be dictator-for-life of the kelty followers because i was the first one. so, if you could make that official, that'd be lovely.
ReplyDeleteanyhoo, SO EXCITED TO COME HOME AND HANG OUT WITH YOU!!!!! YEAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! hey, i was thinking...wanna got to the new sherlock holmes with me on friday or saturday. it'll be fun. kelt, always remember, you are the watson to my holmes. i heart you.
I will gladly be the Watson to your holmes :) and i will accept your invitation and I'm excited to see you toooooo!!! And you can officially be declared dictator for life. Congrats :)
ReplyDelete