Monday, December 28, 2009

362 Days Later....

I think is a great time to look at all the wonderful happenings that have come about in the past year (there are still technically three more days left of this glorious year, but in judging in relation to how things have been going lately, nothing worth noting will happen. However, if it does I will mention it, don't you worry). I didn't know how to organize this delightful list, whether by month or by area of my life, by level of significance or geographic location, it is quite the predicament. In the end, I think I'll go in loose chronological order. Here goes...

*I was the Relief Society President for the better part of the entire year and it kept me busy and I loved it :)
*I finally had closure on a relationship that ended [at the time] almost 2 years ago. Granted, it lasted for almost as long, so....yeah.
*I got a boyfriend
*Christopher got BAPTIZED :)
*Man Brawls in my living room. If you don't know what these are, the name in itself should explain everything
*Trailer-trash tornadoes in my kitchen on my birthday. Streamers taped to a ceiling fan were entertainment for a good hour and a half. Good times to be had there :)
*Dropped out of Spanish
*Lost the boyfriend. Not lost. Mutual breakup. It was for the best--believe you me.
*Both sisters and the brother-in-law graduate from college; 2 with Master's Degrees and one with a Bachelor's Degree
*I found out that I would be an aunt!
*Older Sis #2 moves out of the house. Sad day indeed.
*Little Bro gets his mission call to the Arcadia California Spanish Speaking Mission
*Little Bro leaves to go on the aforementioned mission :( Sad day.
*I decide to go to Ireland
*I officially become an aunt to a cute little tyke named Brecken :D
*I find out that I am actually going to Ireland for five months
*As a note, if you've noticed, the relationship part of this is missing. It was actually non-existent. As of late, there has been an interesting development, but...who knows, right? Right.

Besides all of the specifics listed, there were a few other occurrences; I learned to play Ultimate Frisbee and LOVE it, I designed and made shirts for an entire soccer team in one night, Music on Main was a weekly activity during the summer, rode my bike in a skirt, floated the river, went to the Christmas Stroll and the midnight showing of Harry Potter, laid on a lawn during the summer listening to two delightful boys play their guitars, Midnight Mania, sumo wrestling, talent show, random trips to Billings, had a weekend trip that started in Bozo and went from Rexburg to Choteau and back in four days, the 4th of July in Choteau, and discovered Bikram yoga. Whew. I think that about covers the last year. All the important stuff anyway :)

So now here's the fun part...What did I learn this year with all of this rumpus happening? SIDENOTE: rumpus is actually a word--it's not being underlined in red. That is splendid! Anywho, back to the topic at hand! I learned...I learned...it is 1:31 in the morning and I may or may not have to work tomorrow. Who knows? Either way, I'll finish this puppy later. Probably tomorrow. Which is technically later today. Odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment