Friday, April 1, 2011

If you want to find me I'll be out in the sandbox

We're going to get a little technical. Today I had a statistics test and it covered the oh-so-glorious concept of probabilities (don't stop reading now. Or do. Whatevs. This will be quick). A question asked "A student is taking a multiple choice test and guesses the answer to three of the questions. What is the probability they get at least one right (each question has 4 answers)?" I answered it and moved on.

I walked out, having made it through most of the test without any problems. There were 3 particular questions, however, that caused me more than a little grief. They covered some material I did not recognize and to the best of my knowledge was only covered on a day when I was sitting in class in a Dayquil induced stupor unable to process a thing (which my notes very clearly reflected, rendering them useless for future use). Anyway, they were all quantitative questions and no answer I came up with could match any of the options. Super duper. I guessed with no real direction and left the test.

BAM! While walking I realized the first question I told y'all about, was actually about me. Haha. That's all that's new here.

That and the music recommendation of the week: "All Their Greatest Hits: 1991-2001" by the Barenaked Ladies. Love it!

P.S. In case you were wondering, there is a 57.81% chance I got at least one of the three right. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment