Thursday, March 24, 2011

My day in a nutshell**updated**

Let me tell you about my day, mkay? It started out ok--I had to get to campus early to work on a presentation that we gave as a group at 9:30. Did we get the memo that a report had to be turned in at the same time? No. Then after class, tagging along for the ride, I went with one of the homies so he could sign up for the blood drive. My new mantra of trying new things combined with a wee tiny little guilt trip led to me signing up to donate blood later in the day (never having done it before). Off to class, then back to donate blood.

{Ahem} I got through all the paperwork and they sat me down in the lovely blue chair. Then I started to shake uncontrollably. I looked back at the nice workers eating their lunches and they were looking right back at me with concerned looks. Then the phlebotomist came to mark my veins and I was still shaking. Then she poked me with the needle and I could feel it going into my vein then I went all rigid and I couldn't see anything and suddenly I was surrounded by four nurses and tears were streaming down my face and I was still all rigid and they were trying to recline my chair to relax me and I was having none of it and then they had to force to lay back and I was still all rigid and in quite the state of distress. They wiped my tears away, I kind of relaxed, the nice nurse lady talked to me the whole time and then I left and was late for Spanish class. 

Whoa.

On an entirely different note, here's the quote of the day:


**Tonight I decided to watch Legends of the Fall. I made it 45 minutes in and stopped. Have you ever watched it?! It made me physically ill so I shut it off and decided to jam out to some Lifehouse instead--something a little less intense**

No comments:

Post a Comment