Wednesday, April 27, 2011

An Invaluable List of Stuff to Know

**I was taking a gander through all of my unpublished posts and found this little beauty; I wrote it sometime last semester. Enjoy!**

Lists, lists, lists...I heart making lists. This particular one is about something that has had me thinking lately--that and it's easy to update this sucker when making lists because there are sooo many possibilities. However, that in itself is a topic for a different day. Here we are today, with TOPIC at hand:

Stuff I didn't learn until I came to college (being in year #4 I figure I should have a pretty good grasp on this):
  • When single, the fridge door will become a smorgasbord of wedding and baby announcements, weird crap from your friends, and pizza coupons
  • While shopping at Costco seems like a good idea, there is no actual way to eat 64 tortillas by yourself
  • Packing lunches is cool
  • 1 a.m. is a perfectly acceptable time to go grocery shopping
  • $8 of free printing is worth more than any other $8 you will ever have. Ever.  
  • All great ideas and profound wisdom occur between 2 and 4 a.m...right alongside some of the worst decisions you will ever make (ie. headbutting contest at 3 a.m.)
  • 8 hours of sleep a day actually is achievable, but only because of naps
  • Eating a meal of cereal (without milk), crackers and Easy Cheese, ramen, and lemonade is perfectly acceptable
  • It is quite possible to write a 5 page paper in two hours and have an in depth discussion on something you never read
  • There is never an hour of freedom sweeter than that of a canceled class. This hour will also be promptly wasted.
  • Setting only one alarm is not effective. 
  • Being sick will become the default status of your health when more than 2 days a week are spent on campus.
  • The expiration date on milk is more of a suggestion. 
  • **Updated** Find more here.
Welp, hope y'all enjoyed that. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment