Monday, February 8, 2010

Smooching the....

Ok peeps, after a week of being AWOL I will expound on the savage wanderings that I have taken. Last week was "Go Green" Week for NUIG. Because I have TONS of free time, I decided to volunteer. It's not one of the causes that is generally on the top of my list, but it's a good one nonetheless, so I helped out with that. Next item of business, last week it was my roommates birthday and she wanted to go home for the weekend, so Thursday afternoon came and we caught the 2 o'clock bus out of here!! Woo! We went down to Cork and stayed with her sister and brother-in-law.

On Friday we went swimming. Here is how it all went down: I stepped into the pool and promptly stepped back out. I figured, 'Hey, I've been cold for the last month, why on earth am I getting voluntarily into a cold pool?', so instead I sat in the glorious, glorious sauna. I usually even like saunas, but it was warm :) Anywho, later that night two other girls from Galway came down and we all (us four and one of my roommates friends) went to the Blarney Castle on Saturday. Yes, this is the castle that houses the Blarney Stone. And you'd better believe that I smooched that beast. After that we wandered around the shopping center for awhile and ended up in the English market, which was sa-weeet! The the two chicas from Galway left and we went home and took a nap. Later that night, we were with some of my roomies friends, and because I'd never been there, they decided to take me to Kinsale. This is a little touristy town outside of Cork and right near the water. We went pretty late at night so it was completely dark out and we went to a castle. The kind with a moat. In the dark it was kinda creepy ;) Then we hopped around town for a little bit and then came home.

Sunday was pretty chill and on Sunday night we went to someones house and just played games for awhile. Then at 11 or 12 the Superbowl came on. It was strange that it was in the middle of the night. Anywho, we were there and all sorts of rumpus went down and then we went home. Today we took my roommate to get her ears pierced. Neato! After that we caught the bus home again. When we finally got home we made some delicious tuna salad and watched a movie.

That was my past week in a nutshell. I'll post pictures tomorrow (later today technically in Irish time). However, it is a ridiculous hour of the morning and I really should be asleep. Noches.

*I am now awake and it is not a ridiculous hour of the morning anymore, so here are the pictures :)


Cork



The English Market



Smooching the Blarney Stone



The Blarney Castle



Kinsale

No comments:

Post a Comment