Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Recap/Resolution Time

Now seems like a good time to wrap up last year and get going on the next one, so I'll make lists for both!

For 2013, I'll cover 13 significant events...that seems like a good idea. Here we go!

Moved to Seattle/went back to school

Dyed my hair purple (can't really tell here)
SO. MUCH. BINGO.
Ran a 10k...
...and the worst 5k ever.
HUNG OUT WITH MELISSA FOR TWO WEEKS
Went to Sasquatch
Started/ended a relationship
Moved in with Abby
Played my first team sport ever
Made the best Valentine's Day card ever.

 Things I've crossed off my bucket list:
    1. Move somewhere on a whim (ok, it wasn't on a whim, but I did move.)
    2. Keep a journal/make a scrapbook (eeehhhhhh it's getting better, but not perfect or consistent)
    3. Wear more red lipstick (and pink and glittery and everything in between)
    4. Grow out my hair again (the lion mane is officially back!!!!!)
    5. Take smooching pictures in a photo booth :'(  (my reaction when I remembered that)
 That's somewhere around 13 things, I think.
Moving on. Guess what? This year I'm going to make resolutions that I can actually keep! Because it's 2014, I will make 14 of them. Here we go!
  1. Go to the gym at least once a week.
  2. Cook at least one crock pot meal per week. 
  3. Read at least 2 fun books and 1 educational book per month. 
  4. Take more pictures. 
  5. Journal more.
  6. Finally make my scrapbook from Ireland. 
  7. Go through all my stuff and take a bunch of it to Goodwill. 
  8. Practice the ukelele more.
  9. Go on more adventures.
  10. Send more letters and postcards.
  11. Put my laundry away after I get it out of the dryer. 
  12. Do more random good deeds.
  13. Learn to cook more stuff. 
  14. And finally, in the words of President Hinckley, "We can all be a little kinder, a little more generous, a little more thoughtful of one another. We can be a little more tolerant and friendly..."
Happy 2014 everyone! It's going to be a great year :)

1 comment: