Really though. Holy moley, the month has FLOWN by. On that note, a few things.
1. Halloween. I dressed up as the pale man from Pan's Labyrinth. I'll save you the whole story, but just know that the original dude who played the pale man favorited the picture of my costume on Twitter. That statement is nerdy in so many ways I won't even begin, but whatever. I don't even care. See below. He is Doug Jones.
2. Just ate a ton of sushi and it was delicious.
3. OK. BOOK REVIEW TIME. This is about the book "Atonement" by Ian McEwan. This contains a lot of spoilers, so if you want to read the book or watch the movie, stop reading now. First of all, I've tried reading this book at least 3 times over the past few years, and I've never gotten very far. However, because I ride the bus every day now, I have ample reading time. This book is frustrating. Here is where I start the spoilers. There is an 11-year-old girl who lies about seeing her neighbor rape her cousin and then all hell breaks loose. He is sent to prison, he sister ostracizes herself from the family because she is in love with the neighbor and knows her sister is lying, and this chick telling the story goes into denial about lying. THEN to get out of prison early, the neighbor joins the army (this book takes place in England during WWII), while the girl's sister is also in the army as a nurse. By the time the storyteller chick decides it's time to do something about lying and ruining everyone's lives, the girl who was raped ends up marrying the real rapist THEN her sister and the neighbor die. WHAT. NO. She's trying to make everything right then before anything can happen or they can be happy they die?? NO.Why on earth does it end there. There is no resolution for anyone in this story. Ugggh. Ohmygoodness. I'm all riled up. SO. CLOSE.

No comments:
Post a Comment