Sooo the other day I was bored and happened on an article on how to write a successful blog. Seeing as I have more fingers than I do followers, I decided to read it (not that I am necessarily aiming to get a ton of followers, but I don't want to bore you guys that DO read all of my ramblings and exhortations). Anywho, this particular article said that the blog should concentrate on 3 to 4 main topics, as to build up an 'image'....righty-o! So that got me thinking...what would those main topics be? Here is a rough list of more than 3 to 4, but it will get narrowed down by the end. Here goes (the article also said to use bullets or short paragraphs for those people like me who hate to read HUGE pockets of text) For realsies now, things my blog COULD BE about:
*My hobbies
*My family
*Something that I'm SUPER good at
*Sports
*Politics
*Entertaining things I find
*Relationships
*Witty, funny stories about my life
*Movie/Book/Music reviews
*Celebrity Gossip
*Educational, Smart, Philosophical Things
*My wisdom about life
That list looks good enough for now, eh? So now to figure out what it should be about ('cause now that I'm at home, let's face it, life has gotten less adventurous, so I can't amaze you all with my wonderful traveling exploits). To start to narrow down the list, I could do a few things. BUT, I will not. Why not? you ask. Because. By specifically mentioning things I will avoid, I limit myself on the oh-so-wonderful possibilities that could come my way.
SOOOO where does that leave us? Do not be alarmed, I will now make a list of topics that will FO' SHO' come up in one way or another at some point in this blog (whether in the past or future). Here we go AGAIN:
*Costumes and/or dressing up
*My favorite pop culture at the moment
*My amazing philosophies on life and all that comes with it
*The weather
*Stuff I make, cook, or otherwise concoct
That looks good for now. Anywho, so now that it's established WHAT this sucker is about, this article ALSO said that the readers should know something about the author. If you have not noticed all the random junk on the right side of the page, you are missing out. It pretty much comprises all that is me. In addition to all of my favorite ways to waste or otherwise spend time mentioned, I will now divulge three super-secret things about myself:
1. My favorite thing to give people for presents is books (mostly because I love getting them so I figure other people should too).
2. I hate the smell of wet ceramic or glass plates...and raw hamburger.
3. I won a dance contest my senior year of high school.
There. Three SUPER STELLAR things about me. I think now that I have loosely followed two of the [roughly] 12 steps to a successful blog, I am well on my way :D
Music recommendation of the day: "You Make My Dreams Come True" by Hall & Oates. Peace out.
Kelt you should read the Popes Daughter by Murphy. Its awesome and as true as you can write history.
ReplyDeleteYou want to hear three super stellar things about ME? I will tell you in "comments" because I am too lazy to start my own blog. And you (Kelty) would probably be the only one to read it even if I did summon up the energy to start one. Well, Mom might read it too. But that's it. I am one pathetic loser! *sniff, sniff* Moving on.
ReplyDelete~I love the musty smell of basements and old air coming out of air conditioners. (Things like this could be why I am one pathetic loser.)
~I love getting presents from Kelty because they are always quirky, a little weird, and one-of-a-kind...much like her. But they are always the BEST presents and the ones that you remember and love the most. Once again, much like her :)
~I like paper. A lot. It is fun.
By the way, I think you should do a gallery (or post) of all of your costumes and dressing up escapades over the past...uh...6, 7 years? Yes. Because you had some epic costumes in high school (bwahahhaha! you and roman as darth vadar and luke! niiiice). But also, because you've had even better ones in college. Better, albeit creepier (Honk if You Love Carrots Creeper Bunny. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about). But you should post them. Because I would like that. And because I'll ninja, judo-chop, roundhouse kick, go all Jackie Chan/Chuck Norris lovechild on you if you don't. That's all. Kambrie out.
ReplyDelete