Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wowza. Hello, October.

Here's the deal. I had an uber busy week--group projects due, tests, studying, snow (lame), people randomly leaving stuff inside my house (I'll get to this later), and all of the other wonderfulness that comes with being a college student. However, regardless of all of this, tonight is the biggest thing that's happened to me since...I actually don't know what. Wisdom teeth removal last Christmas maybe? Who knows. Anyway, about six months or a year ago I decided that I wanted to study abroad. I decided on Ireland and I turned in my application last week. I got the acceptance (heck yes. acceptance) letter back today. I went to Midnight Mania on campus, then watched a movie, then came home. I got the letter at precisely 3:34 a.m. I called someone (oh yes, someone) at 3:35 a.m. to tell them the news. We are celebrating tomorrow night after an ugly-sweater-themed quadruple date (set up by an ex-boyfriend. awkward?). As of right now I am quite torn. I've finally started to figure things out on the homefront and now I have the opportunity to live abroad in IRELAND for six months? Oh geez. This will take some pondering.

Onto random people coming to my house when I'm not home. Monday: Service project for church involving picking up apples. Three guys ended up with seven bags of apples and decided that I desperately needed them. They came to my house, no one was home but the front door was unlocked, they came in and put them in the fridge. The next morning I actually got stuff out of the fridge and never noticed the huge bag. Wow. How observant of me. Tuesday: One of my friends came to my house and my roommate let him in. He left a bouquet of flowers, a card, and a box of chocolates on my bed. Hmmm......complicates things. Wednesday: The aforementioned ex-boyfriend that set up the quadruple date left a sizable box of potatoes in my kitchen. He was also let into my house by my roommate. For clarification purposes, he and his roommates randomly ended up with 200 pounds of potatoes, so they are currently trying to give them away. Or leave them places.

Oh goodness gracious. It is 4:12 in the morning and I have to write a 5-15 page paper tomorrow. I have not done the research, nor started it in any way. In addition to this, I have an assignment using Accel due tomorrow night and I had no idea this said assignment even existed until about 6:30 p.m. this evening. So, here I leave you. Scratch that. This first: "I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." Nifty little quote, eh? From the movie "Equilibrium" a.k.a. the movie we watched tonight. It is excellent and I would highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment