Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

{Ahem} This is a post about Valentine's Day. Contrary to popular belief, Valentine's Day is for more people than just those who have a significant other. Think about it! There are different kinds of love and it would be semi-creepy if they only people you felt love for were the ones you were in love with. Creepy. Family, friends, small dogs--they're all lovable right? Right.

Soooo, Valentine's Day. I like it because while I do not have a Valentine (unless one comes along in the next 36 hours), I do like giving out cheesy little cards--this years pick has elephants. Don't question it, they're pretty awesome. Also, chances are if you are in any sort of vicinity to me at the current time and I see you in the next few days you will be getting one :D

Now moving on to things that this particular holiday is good for. If not currently in relationship, but in that weird stage in between it's kind of a tell-all for where the situation is headed. Also, it is good for chivalry. It encourages us to show other people how we feel about them, usually in the form of chocolate, flowers, creepy red and pink teddy bears, or generally cheesy cards that involve stickers of some kind. What other day prompts us to do the sweet things we may not have done otherwise? No day. Tragic isn't it?

So kids, while also known as 'Singles Awareness Day' (which let's be honest here, is pretty true), Valentine's Day can also be an excuse to buy your friends lots and lots of sugar and somewhat convey to them how much their friendship means (awwww that's adorable!!). Sooo that's about all I've got on that subject...other than what I wrote last year. Which coincidentally, here I have pictures of!! (You should probs go read the post for the full story.)




Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

p.s. the next follower of my blog will be the first to hit the double digits. just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment