Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Grocery Shopping Got Me Thinking

So today I was in Safeway getting groceries. On my way to the checkout line I happened to look at the magazine rack and Justin Bieber was on the cover. Not a huge surprise. The headline under his picture, however, was kind of surprising: "The 100 Most Important Days of Justin Bieber's Life". Whaaaaat. Ok, let's Wikipedia this kid...he was born March 1, 1994. Since 1994 we have had four leap years, meaning that as of today he has been alive for 6336 days. So, if this list outlines the most 100 important days of his life that means every 63.36 days is one of the most important.

Simply put, he had a super-duper-ultimately-significant day roughly every two months. No wonder he's a big deal. I'm pretty sure I could boil my big milestones down to under 10. Let's see:
  1. Being born. Without this day I wouldn't be able to do much else. 
  2. First day of school. Without a 'first day' there would be no school afterwards. 
  3. Baptism. Religion is generally a large part of my life. 
  4. High school graduation. Any event that warrants people giving me stuff that's not a holiday is a big deal to this kid.
  5. September 27, 2009. As if you don't already know, that was the day I started this blog. 
  6. College graduation. That means I can be done with school forever and not feel like a menace to society. 
Right. Ok. There's MY list. If we divide THOSE by the numbers of days I've been alive (8159), that means I have one significant event every 1359.83 days or roughly every 3.7 years. Yep.

2 comments: